Dior 5 Couleurs 056 Bar Palette
056 BAR- A Dior classic
Let me introduce you to the stunning DIOR 5 COULEURS 056 BAR palette from their Fall 2014 Collection. This collection is fabulous and is my little trip to Paris! This palette contains 5 eye shadows. The House of Dior calls these colours pearl, mouse, anthracite, trianon and myriad. They sound very pretty but I am calling them a matte black, a shimmer pink, a shimmery white, a shimmery taupe and a shimmer sort of slate (though my mother says its a donkey brown colour with a lovely sheen). The top trio are designed for a day look and the bottom trio are designed for a evening look. This isn’t set in stone and you can use these colour in any combination you like. The soft shimmery pink with some donkey brown in the crease and lined with the matte black for day. For evening try the matte black across the lid blended with the taupe on top. Highlight the brow bone and inner corner with the white for a quick smoky eye. Anyway, as you can see there are lots of different looks you can create with this palette. When I look at the palette it reminds me of a classic, I do not think that these colour will ever go out of style. This is definitely a palette to add to your makeup wardrobe.
The House of Dior has also created a icy pink lipstick to compliment the 5 Couleurs palette ROUGE DIOR in the shade 317 Bar. I was a little curious about this colour thinking it seems a little bland but then I saw the nail polish and completely freaked out! Dior created a deep black, Dior Vernis 206 Bar to tie the look together and it works beautifully! Seriously, it is a perfect paring like pain au chocolat and Café au lait!
How to wear this Dior 056 BAR palette:
1. I really like a semi matte foundation with this look so Dior AIR FLASH CC PRIMER followed with the Dior AIR FLASH foundation buffed onto the skin with a kabuki brush would achieve this. I would then conceal dark shadows with DIOR SKIN FLASH, a good powder and I would finish my skin with some Dior Rosy Glow blush along the cheek bones.
2. For the eyes, fill in your brows with the Dior Brow Styler. For the eye shadow apply some of the center taupe colour in the 056 Bar palette to the lid from lash line to just higher than the crease with a eye shadow brush.
3. Then apply some of the matte black to the crease and the outer corner with a small pointed brush and continue to blend well with a blending brush.
4. Use the pointed tip sponge applicator provided with the palette and apply some of the matte black to the lower lash line.
5. Next apply the pearly white shimmer to the brow bone and the inside corner to highlight.
6. Create depth to the lashes with some Dior Show Art Pen to the upper lash line then follow with some DiorIconic Over Curl mascara. Clean up any eye shadow fall with a little Dior Skin Flash. If you want more drama then line your water line with black eye liner pencil.
7. Apply a little Rouge Dior lipstick in 317 Bar, if you feel it is a little light then add a little colour with a little lip pencil focusing on soft lines not the 90s harsh liner look.
8. Lastly a coat or two of the Dior Vernis 206 Bar.