I was asked today on Twitter how to achieve a toned down, wearable version of this "pool dipped" makeup we are seeing on catwalk this season and was featured in BEAUTY the GUIDE this month. The main thing to keep in mind about this look is that its rather undone and simple so don't overthink it. You won't need to use too many makeup brushes just your ring finger and maybe a cotton bud or two.
Here are my top tips for a toned down wearable version of this look:
1. Skin should be clean and prepped well with a light moisturizer.
2.To achieve a glowing glossy complexion apply a highlighting liquid like MAC Strobe cream or some Dior Glow Maximizer to the center of the face by dotting a small amount between your eye brows, nose and chin then blend out, conceal where needed like under the eyes and around your nose. You may want to apply a small amount of highlighter to the cupids bow too.
3.Skip the powder but use a little cream blush like Clarins Instant blush to the cheeks.
3. Apply a clear brow gel to the brows, this will give them a high shine without looking or feeling sticky.
4. Apply a black eyeliner pencil to the upper and lower line and then to the lash line. Gently tap on some black eye shadow with your ring finger to the upper lid. Then sweep some black shadow along your lower lid with a small pointed brush.
5. Curl lashes and apply a few coats of your favourite mascara.
6. I really like tinted balms on the lips. Clarins and Dior do some fabulous ones. Try Dior Rouge Baume in the shade STAR (pictured below on the far left). STAR is a champagne shimmer that will look gorgeous with the look.